When it comes to seasonal produce, almost nothing is as ubiquitous and popular as pumpkin is during the autumn. It decisively squashes (pun most certainly intended) all its culinary competitors, and effortlessly makes its way to the forefront of menus, billboards, Instagram feeds, produce stands, and household shopping lists. Why? Well, we’re not quite sure. And, to be honest, we’ll eventually get around to making our own pumpkin menu. Just wait until October. For the time being, however, we’re going to champion the cause of another fall time favorite: the beet.
Our sous chef James is once again the creative force behind this week’s specials menu. His imagination has been hard at work coming up with a handful of clever and delicious ways to incorporate the almighty beet into our usual American fare. Enjoy!
Grilled Cheese and Pickled Beets Sandwich
American Cheese €4.45 / Gouda Cheese €4.95
- A grilled cheese sandwich with pickled beetroot cooked into it.
€6.75 / +€3.50 on Breakfast Combo / +€2 on Deuces Wild
- Pink Pancakes! Bright pink beetroot infused pancakes served with butter and cinnamon syrup.
Fennel & Beetroot Slaw
- Salad of red beets, red cabbage, and fennel with a sour cream dressing.
Grandma Webster's Beetroot Soup
Small €4.25 / Large €5.95
- . Made with red beets, ginger, and coconut milk. Vegan friendly
Not featured, but also available this week:
- Our regular 180g beef patty with house pickled beetroot, caramelized onion, and Gouda cheese; served as usual on our signature burger bun with lettuce, onion and tomato.